DOES MY SYSTEM NEED CHLORINE?
1) The use of chlorine is state mandated and helps to protect you, your family members and the environment.
2) The tablets are very reactive and are reported to kill 99% of the bacteria present in the effluent before it is dispersed through the spray heads or dripline within 10 minutes. We strongly warn agains drinking or playing in the water when the system evacuates.
3) If you have a drip system and live on the lake, chlorine disinfectant is mandatory. It is highly advised in all other areas.
1) Never use swimming pool tablets as a disinfectant. The chlorine in these tablets dissolve more slowly and do not thoroughly disinfect the effluent.
2) There is a danger of explosion with the use of pool chlorine since the tablets will release an explosive gas called, nitrogen chloride. This happened to a customer of ours. His system literally blew up!
3) The use of pool chlorine is not EPA approved.
The needed number of tablets is up for interpretation. There really is no magical number. The number of tablets per month will depend on water usage and the number of folks living in your home.
Best advise I can give is to check your chlorinator often and add as needed.
You can find chlorine tablets at any hardware store, and of course, Coleman Aerobic!